Sunday, August 9, 2015

Glacier/Wildlife cruise Valdez

Columbia Glacier and a few of the iceberg to get there

Most of the caravan gang
Friday we went on our third boat outing. We were looking for wildlife and going to see the Columbia glacier. We did see wildlife, still love the otters, although I understand they are really nasty creatures, but I love the way the float in the water. The highlight for me was the glacier and the icebergs we had to go through to get there, Sondra was a little nervous around the iceberg. We have also seen salmon spawning.  That was a little too much for me to see all the dead fish. All you south Florida people, the high here today is 57! We go back into Canada this week before a stop in Sgagway and Hyder, Alaska. Sorry so many pictures of me. Next time will be more of Sondra.


I'm really not afraid of these icebergs!
Beautiful waterfall, pictures don't do it justice







Some of the ice we went through to get to the glacier


2 comments:

  1. Are you two going to be able to adjust to the Florida climate after highs of 57??? The pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete