Friday, November 20, 2015

Final Post

First, I want to say that we have had a most blessed 7 months. We have been able to see so much and do so many things, and for that we are very thankful.  Second, I would like to once again thank all of you that gave us gift cards. We have enjoyed the meals you have provided, as well as the help with the gas.  We have been very thankful that the gas prices have been lower than we expected.  Because of that we have stayed under budget the whole trip.  If anyone is planning a trip anywhere we have been, we will be more than happy to give you our take on the journey.
I am now in Tallahassee, where I will meet up with family, and go to an FSU football game. For those who don't know, I got my bachelors from FSU in the dark ages, met my husband here, and spent a great four years.  I will then go visit with family on the west coast of Florida before going "home" to the east coast.
Sondra has moved on with the motorhome, and will be in Ft. Myers in a day or two.
We are not sure what the future holds, but agree that seven months in an rv is a bit much.  We are looking forward to our friend, Terri, visiting us in the winter, and I have many things planned with family in the next couple of months, including at least one trip to the cold weather to visit my son and get a little skiing in.  Sondra will be enjoying her family in Ft. Myers and planning a remodel of her new cottage.
God bless all of our dear friends, and looking forward to seeing you in the near future.
MA at her beloved ocean in Biloxi
San Antonio River Walk boat ride

The same

Missions is San Antonio

Same

We actually rented bikes and rode about 10 miles to the missions in San Antonio.  We were exhausted after the small hills and really felt some previously unused muscles the next couple of days.

Gavleston rv park, right across the street from Gulf

We rode on more ferry out of Galveston.  Sondra a tad nervous driving the motorhome onto the ferry. But we made it.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. What an experience! I have definitely lived vicariously through you guys. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Ciao

    ReplyDelete